Wednesday, June 15, 2016

DAY 1 OF THE CHALLENGE!

Let me introduce myself.

I'm a 63 year old woman, who feels like a 19 year old.  I have a hard time believing that age has consumed my youth, young adulthood and now it's middle-age with the senior years looming ahead.

This year I've been married 45 years, It doesn't seem possible that I've lived with the same man much longer than the growing up to 18 with my blood relatives. 

My children are all over 35 and my grandchildren are almost out of school.  

But, I don't think that's how you measure life, at least I don't. I like to believe that I've done valuable things throughout the years that outweigh the wrongs, hurts and sins that are intertwined within my history. All of it has made me who I am today. Tomorrow I may be a little bit different, more polished.

Maybe I brought smiles to someone who needed a hug. Maybe I lifted up a person who was down. I hope I did. I hope I did all that I could do when it needed to be done.

I'm a very organized person and I love to see things done when they are supposed to be done.  I'm all for order, in life, in work, in fun, in love....

I know that I come off as being distant and a bit stern at times, but that's because I have so much going on in my head and am on my way to another task. I forget to take the time to stop, listen and respond. It's the stopping part that bothers me.

I love cats more than dogs. I enjoy reading, writing, shopping, soaking in the sun...the ocean.

There's so much of life that I've experienced in these years, and so much that I think I'm missing out on, that I sometimes just crash. 

I don't want to slow-fade. Let me go out with a bang!

#SlowFade  #writerlife

No comments: