Tuesday, July 31, 2007
We had our first Sunday in the new building.
The whole thing came together on Saturday and we just stood amazed at what God had done with a few volunteers that were very unskilled! To think that we have come this far with the aid of God and He gave us beyond our expectations is amazing to us.
I hope to have some pictures soon that I can share with you. Our dedication ceremony will be in September and we're going to make a powerpoint presentation.
Yesterday we cleaned out our old building and it was very sad. When the Spirit leaves something, you can see how soon it shows. The building is so small now, and deteriorating fast. God moved.
My husband has taken a Bible to work so that he can read when he has down time. Truly amazing. We tag teamed his brother on Sunday. He's ready for the Kingdom. His father is in such poor strength that I'm hoping he'll be able to make it to a service at our new church. He loves music.
Today I start back to work. My pastor says that this will be a regular work week. No extra messy stuff, just back to what we're there for. I can't wait.
For the last couple of weeks I couldn't even wear good clothes to work. So I checked my closet and had to iron tons of slacks and tops in preparation. It feels good to wear nice clothes again.
Tonight we're jammin'. I expect some extras to come. That'll be fun.
Oh and lift up my friend's son. He went to Pittsburgh yesterday to a headache clinic. He's in his mid 30's and had a neck operation last December. Since then he's had excruciating pain, can't look into any type of light and is border-line suicidal with this pain. Pray for him that this clinic has the answer for him. He's lost his job and insurance and is having a hard time getting medicaid to cover his medical expenses. So sad.
This clinic helped my father-in-law with 'tic delareaux'. He struggled with pain for 15 years, found this clinic. They found the nerve behind his ear that was being pinched, covered it with teflon and he was cured! He could eat like a normal person again, let the wind blow on his face and enjoy life.
Thank God that He gives the wisdom and knowledge. We just need to persevere and search for His answer.
Bye for now and have a blessed day!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Just a note to let you know how things are going.
1. My hubby is progressing wonderfully in his walk with the Lord. For a guy who never ever read his high school textbooks, he's halfway through the Bible! He loves the old testament and struggles with the new. He just can't understand why we haven't gotten it right yet!
2. Our new church building is in the final stages. Just 3 rooms to complete, rug to put in and the sound system and we're ready to go. We have tons of little items to get finished and I'm sure we'll be finishing them after we're officially open. God has surely blessed us. His mighty hand is through it all. We just hung up the cross with the crown of thorns hanging from the center and put a light behind the crossbar. It's lovely. I'm going to have one of the men build me a half/round to go under it with tons of greenery inside.
3. My job is still the most wonderful I've ever had.
4. My hubby confirmed that his mom and dad are saved. Such a burden lifted from his shoulders. He can't wait to start on his brothers.
5. Oh and we played at a local club last week. We had a little rough start but it was our first public performance. We had a great time and the crowd wants us to come back. We may, but I think we're going to start finding nursing homes and such to play at.
6. I did get to play bass again at church this last Sunday, but I so wanted to go to the altar instead.
7. Had a real strange dream, too. Need an interpretation.
8. The weather has been lovely. Our church picnic was beautiful last Sunday. We even had a bald eagle fly over at the end. Everyone had a good time, even my mom (she's 82 and still looking for a man).
9. My mamomgram results: my doctor wanted me to go for a biopsy but I remembered that I had bruised myself where they noticed something. It wasn't a lump or anything, they just weren't sure what it was. I'm going for a re-take in 6 months. I'm sure they'll find nothing.
10. Back on Bone density pills. My Chinese doctor has some great ones. He said take 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening, get lots of sunshine (without sunscreen) and excersize and least 30 minutes a day. With all the painting and climbing ladders I'm doing, I think that'll work for now. After that, I'll have to start walking again.
Bye for now!