Thursday, May 12, 2016

NO TIME?

We make time for what we want. It's the nature of the beast...or man...or woman.  

How many times I have said I don't have time when what I really meant was...I don't want to.

Why can't we be honest? Is it because we feel that we will hurt someone's feelings if we say, 'I don't want to.'  So we say 'I don't have time.'

Everyone has the same amount of time, every second, minute, hour, day, night, weeks, years, decades...life.

No one has more than any other.  It's what we choose to do with our time is the problem. 

I grew up going to every holiday celebration that had to do with family. Easter, Christmas, birthdays, New Year's...these were times to enjoy each other and to see what everyone was doing. 

When out of town family visited, it was the best. Like a reunion, we caught up on what everyone was doing, how they were, shared sorrows and joys.

Today, if we get a text, it's good enough for some. 

I miss the days of family...even around the Sunday dinner table.  That's when we took stock of our week, loved on each other and enjoyed special dinners. Football and baseball games on tv followed to let our bellies digest the contents and made us content.

Oh, those were the days.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

No comments: