Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Who's That in the Mirror?



I have been discovering the most amazing things about myself lately.

I walk along day after day and think "I'm not too bad!" I clean the house, cook the meals, pay the bills, open the door for someone else and just believe that I'm doing exactly what God wants me to do.

Amazing!

Until...

I'm at the computer trying to finish something before it's too late and my hubby will come in a sit down by me. He will suddenly bump my mouse elbow and make me miss my mark on the screen. Which is ok because it can happen. But, it's the immediate rush of annoyance that bubbles up from the pit of my stomach and I just want to scream at him!

Where in the world did that come from? It couldn't really have been from me.

Here I am so clean on the outside that I squeak and then this blackness shows up.

I certainly understand David's cry to the Lord.

I am in very much need of the right spirit within me. I understand that I'm still just flesh and it's normal that things do irritate me.

I want to strive to attain the prize at the end of the race. I want to present to others the image of Christ. I need His Spirit within me.

More of You, Jesus....less of me.

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

It's not easy being Human hey? We make mistakes and then think we are worthless. But there is nothing we can do to make Him love us more or less. We are His, bought and paid for in blood - and as long as you remember that, you will grow and grow and grow!!

Unknown said...

Hi Debra

Great post. It is so the truth eh. I too identify with David who crys out for a clean heart.
Thanks for your post on my Be Still post. I think it is a real key when navigating the hard times - to lift our eyes and look upon Jesus, our Saviour, our hope. We can have the peace even when in the refining fire.

Masked Rabbit said...

Hi Debra,

Been there and definitely got the t-shirt as far as getting irritated quickly with others -out of the blue. Good post

Soul Reflections said...

Spookie - Amen

Claire - Thank God we have each other to remind us.

Bunny Girl - I'm glad it's not only me. Even Paul had a thorn but that's no excuse.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Amen to that...Stay high and dry...and keep the front door shut! LOL