Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Sweet Friday

Booboo hasn't returned. I'm so sad and then again anxious that he may be lurking around and will 'pop' out when I least expect him.

The bird feeder is empty. The birds hate me now. The puzzled goldfinch were hanging on my window screens. I felt very low. But, God has provided much more food for them naturally now that it's flower blooming time.


My husband and I got a good start on our patio. We worked on it 4 hours yesterday. Once I trim it up with flora and furniture, it'll look as if it's been there for years.

Next is my perennial bed. I've missed having one since we moved 5 years ago. If I plant some coneflowers I think the goldfinch will love me again. The flower contains the thistle-type seed that they love. Thankfully, they winter here so I'll see them when their colors dull to a pea green.

God bless everyone this weekend. I hope it's Spirit filled.

4 comments:

Bernita said...

Thank you for the prayer, Debra.
All is well.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

He's lurking in the bushes waiting for bird seed...probably the raisins!

Masked Rabbit said...

Take it you're a passionate gardener. I have come to it late on, being the daughter of two keen gardeners who wondered why the green finger gene was not passed down.
Now I love to see new plants growing and, like you, trying to establish a rest area with pots and plants.

gail said...

Hi Debra, I saw you on Karen's blog in N.Z. I too am a keen gardner.It's winter here in Australia and things still need to be done in tne garden. We have lots of weeding to do and then plant the spring flowers next month.

Bunnygirl, no I am not stalking you!

Debra I found Bunnygirl's blog at the weekend and now she is on yours too. It's a small blog world!!!