Wednesday, March 08, 2006

YAHOO! Spring is here!

Yesterday, I noticed a tree in my yard for the first time. I've lived here five years and just thought it was another poplar or some other kind.

But, as I walked towards it, I noticed that it looked to be in bud. The late afternoon sun shone through towards me, making the branches glow with gold.

The closest branch to the ground was held about a foot over the reach of my arm. I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally jumped high enough to grab the end of the branch.

Snapping off the tip, I beheld a wonder of wonders. I had tried to plant a tree like this many years ago and it never took root. I had cared for the sapling like a child, but the tree never grew.

The Bible says that God knows the desires of our heart. He surprised me with this tree in the midst of all the changes in my life.

The pussy willow is in bloom in my yard. Just another reminder from God that 'all is well' and that He's real close.

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Hey, I thought you said that you gave the camera away? I read this as an email from you....did you think I wouldn't come here and read it! LOL