Friday, March 24, 2006

Here We Go Again...


As most of you know (or don't know) I've been playing the mandolin since last summer. I can finally switch the easy chords effortlessly, sounding like I'm playing a song. I enjoy the mandolin only, sometimes the higher octave sound is too high to sing along with.

So, my husband, who is an avid Ebayer, gets this Washburn cutaway guitar in black with metal flake delivered on Friday. Well, it's just the cutest thing. Thin body and a little shorter than a regular 6 string.

While it's not like the mando in size, I feel really comfortable hold it.

Today I accomplished several chords and played a song! A little choppy, but the tune was there.

I notice the difference in strings between the mando and guitar. My fingers just scream after a session. Swollen and tingly, they can't wait to get back to playing.

So on to my next adventure.

They say the more you learn, the more brain cells you can afford to lose when you get elderly. I'm workin' on it.

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

You need a job!