Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Waiting and Waiting and Waiting and Waiting


'A mind is a terrible thing to waste.'

I didn't say it, someone else did. But I agree.

'The more brain cells you use, the more you have to lose.'

I didn't say that, either. I also agree.

I have worked at quite a few different types of jobs. I learned to fight fires, take pictures, roller skate, ice skate, type, make donuts, pick corn and many other activities.

Now, that I've reached another milestone in my life, I find that learning new things is harder because of all the choices available.

Should I write? What? Fiction? Non-Fiction? Humor? Mystery? Sci-Fi? Short stories? Poetry? One-liners? Fluff? Deep stuff? And the list goes on and on and on and on.

I'm trying the mandolin. Too bad I can't find a bluegrass teacher near my home. I really have the desire to learn but I just need the guidance to play better. Chords are no trouble at all. Rhythm works good, too.

Just to sit down a plink a tune along with the radio or music station seems to be such a mystery but so close as if I could just reach out and remove the veil. 'Seeing through a glass darkly', I believe is the expression. Yeah, it's Biblical.

So it comes down to this: What is my purpose, other than to please God?

I've tried so many things; 'master of none'.

What desire did God place on my heart, so long ago, that I've forgotten. Way back in grade school, what did I want to be when I grew up?

Well, here I am. All grown up, yet so short of the goals I believe God has for me. I'm just swingin' along, going here and going there.

Don't get me wrong. I do some things well. I've been married 35 years this year. My husband is unsaved but I believe he's the man that God chose for me. My husband isn't a saint but he's very good to me.

I have 2 lovely children, all grown up and doing the best they can and three beautiful granddaughters that go to church with me.

What to do? Just wait and see.

No comments: