Saturday, March 04, 2006

Where To Go

I just received a daily devotional from Pastor Steve Gray.

Here's what he said: "All my life I have heard people say, 'Follow Jesus!' But nobody bothered to tell me that he was actually going somewhere."

"Jesus entered the temple area... Matthew 21:12a


Is that why the Kingdom of God is not growing? As I look back, I can remember lots of people telling me the same thing. 'You must receive Jesus as your Savior, then you will be saved from the pit of hell.'

Hmmm. There's a lot of truth in Pastor Gray's message. Where did I think I was going? Where WAS Jesus going?

He says 'I am the Way, the Truth and the Life.' I believe that. But have I ever realized that the way with Jesus is to go somewhere?

Put into this context it makes me wonder. Shouldn't I be telling people this? Isn't this why the world is searching?

The answer is 'Yes, Jesus is going somewhere.' That 'somewhere' is the destination that He has in mind for you. In Jeremiah 29:11 NIV he says 'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

So there it is, He has a plan just for me. No matter how sinful or hurtful to others I have been, starting with TODAY (the day of 'before I was formed in my mother's womb') He has a personal somewhere just for me.

He goes on to say in Jeremiah 29:12 'Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.' Yes, I did call upon Him and He has definitively answered me so that there was no doubt on my part.

Next in 29:13 'You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity.' What captivity was I in? The soul-wrenching fear of the unknown future that no man can explain or testify that he's seen except Jesus Christ.

God has a plan for my life, IF I allow Him to proceed unhindered by my self. In this day and age, it's all about self-satisfaction and self-seeking and user-friendly and self-desiring. There's no way that I can satisfy the desires of my heart, fully, because I am incapable of recognizing a true desire from a false one.

God KNOWS the desires of my heart. It is HIS desire to fulfill them. This is where Jesus is going...to the place where I am fully satisfied within my soul.

'As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, Oh God' the psalmist declared. My soul longs for the communion of the garden. And as the psalmist continued 'Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls', my soul calls out to God.

Yes, Jesus is going somewhere. He is going to fulfill Himself within me so that I am fully satisfied within. The terror of this world has no hold on me anymore. I KNOW without a doubt I am going with Him.

If you're searching for that some place, start with Him. He'll lead you. He'll never leave you nor forsake you. He is Life.


Seek Him at All About God

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Good post...righteous thoughts...now if I could just get you to express them more often to the dying world around us!!LOL