Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's All About Hope


Hope deferred makes the heart sick.

Yes, it's Biblical. When you hope and hope and hope and hope for something that doesn't come, you have the tendency to give up. Despair and unbelief take the place of a joyful expectation of a desire fulfilled.
The Founding Fathers of the United States of America had a dream. The hope started with a desire to worship God in a biblical way that wasn't allowed at their time. Persecution led to inspiration, the inspiration of freedom.

It wasn't freedom to do anything you please, it was freedom to make choices.

As Americans, we are free to choose a lot of things, some good, some bad. If we choose the right things the results will show. If we choose unwisely, we suffer the consequences. We have a lot of freedoms. Where they take us only God knows. We have chosen God in the past, let's choose God for the future. He is the only hope we have. He has made it plain with His Word.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. II Chronicles 7:14-15

Yes, God Bless America, my home sweet home.

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

Happy 4th of July Debs. And may God truly Bless America richly!!

Soul Reflections said...

Thanks Spookie!

A Captured Reflection said...

Happy 4th July! Wonderful word about hope. My hubby and I (then fiance) spent July 4th in Nashville at the Grande Olde Opry in 1998, wow what a night that was!

freethoughtguy said...

I think we Americans have unwisely chipped away at the wall of separation between church and state. Our Founding Fathers would not be happy with this!

Soul Reflections said...

freethinker - Absolutely! The times like these are leading us to the end as foretold. What are we thinking!