Monday, July 17, 2006

Hurray!

Looks like I have a temp job for a few weeks (maybe longer). Our town highway garage flooded out and they need help separating the paper files to be copied.

God provides. He has something in mind for me (and everyone) and it would do us well just to be patient and wait upon Him. I had an opportunity to go to a clambake today where a lot of potential employers were hanging out.

I prayed befor I left was that an opportunity would arise and He would direct my steps. The only employer that talked to me was the one I have right now and told me that he may need me longer than 3 weeks. Hallelujah!

It may not be the job of my dreams (He knows about that) but it'll do for the time being until the other job is ready for me.

"Be still and know that I am God". I need that verse. He comes through.

9 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

You always come across as such a vibrant person, with many interests. Good on Ya (as they say here) with the job. You are God's beautiful rainbow, a spectrum of bright, wonderful colours.

Soul Reflections said...

Aw shucks!

Brigitte said...

Thats wonderful Debs!!I pray that this will lead to the job you really desire!!

Blessings!!

Masked Rabbit said...

great news Debra. Glad this has come along.

Soul Reflections said...

I let Him down in so many ways but He is always faithful to do His part. It's most important to believe-"I know whom I have believeth". No one is perfect until perfection comes but Lord, may I do the most I can producing "much fruit".

Mrs. D said...

Boy, did I need to hear that verse! Being still is NOT one of my spiritual strong suits. I just returned from your lovely state, and God spoke to me about some areas of my life. Ouch.

I know that He loves me and wants the best for me. I just need to learn to hear from Him...and to make myself still enough to do so.

His,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

God is good eh! i agree with karen er the vibrant person, a real rainbow. i pray that your temp job will put u in touch with people needing God's comfort and a word of grace :o)

Unknown said...

Amen re "I let Him down in so many ways but He is always faithful to do His part. It's most important to believe-"I know whom I have believeth". No one is perfect until perfection comes but Lord, may I do the most I can producing "much fruit".

I agere for my life too. Sometimes that one thing can be the only thing i feel like i am doing right - knowing tha tJesus loves me, this i know, cos the bible tells me so... good prayer... i'm pinching it right now :o)

Soul Reflections said...

It's so much fun, finding how God's word affects each of us and how apt His Words are each day. Thanks for your comments and keep up your searching.