Thursday, April 06, 2006

In the Middle


My bible studies have been leading me through Job.

I hate to say it, but I'm in the middle of the book and can't wait for God to speak and set everyone straight. I guess that's why God wrote the book...to show us that everything takes time, even our trials.

I don't like sourpusses, pessimists and doomsayers. I love confidence, optimism and hopefulness.

So I guess that's why I look for those things in amongst all the gloomy words. I choose to hope and be happy.

Look at these jewels I found in the 'middle':

Job 26:14b 'how faint the whisper we hear of him!' That's what it's like to believe in God. It's so subtle that we have to strain to be aware of Him at all times. We never hear Him audibly. We can't touch or feel Him. But we believe He's there. Sure He gives us things to remind us of Him, but, of Himself...where is He? It is just a whisper...the still small voice. Oh, how glorious!

Job 27:3b 'the breath of God in my nostrils.' Yes, I need the breath of God in my nostrils more than ever. May it never leave me, nor forsake me. It just makes my lungs happy!

So, these are my ramblings for today. Hope you enjoy them. Peace be with you and yours.

3 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

what a cute little kitty...are you getting one...snicker, snicker, snort!!

Brigitte said...

I love Job, I learned alot from him. Mostly I learned that know mtter what happens, "Blessed be the Name of the Lord." I often compare situations in my life with his, and I think to myself that if he lost everything within a few hours and still he chose to praise the Lord, how can I moan and gripe to God when I have lost something of value or someone I love.
Oh and I love the kitty - I am such a cat person!

Joy said...

I love what you wrote, particularly about the whispers. I've always felt that. God speaks most often thru whispers throughout our day. It really is up to us to be aware and be sensitive to the Spirit. Thanks for reminding me.
BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog too.