Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Effective Fervant Prayer

If you have never heard of David Wilkerson, I would recommend that you find out about him.

He pastors the Times Square Church in NYC and publishes a monthly newsletter called the "World Challenge Pulpit Series".

The words that he sends forth from God have blessed me each time I get his newsletter and sometimes it's the attached letter with it.

This month his words were about 'The Lord Has Promised to Deliver You'. He spoke about how David wrote Psalm 34 after God saved him from his own foolishness when he entered the Philistine town of Gath, ruled by King Achish. He faked insanity, which was feared by all as they thought they were demons, to save himself.

As he was faking the insanity with wierd movements and frothing at the mouth, he was praying inside...silently, fervently and passionately.

God heard him and delivered him back into the land of safety where he fled to a cave and penned the psalm of thanksgiving and deliverance.

Many times I have prayed silently and not even a 'prescribed prayer'. It has been just one word at times...HELP! Other times it was maybe five words, whatever.

Quote from Pastor Wilkerson: Sometimes the loudest cry is made without an audible voice.

God has answered them. He answered them swiftly and more acurately than I could have imagined. My brain wants to be totally surprised at his deliverance, but my heart knows it with a calm peaceful acceptance and thankfulness.

Praise God that He just takes care of us, even the smallest details of our lives. He is truly with us always and will never leave us or forsake us. We'll leave Him before He'll leave us.

It order to be called a 'deliverer' you must be one. God is the Deliverer.

Daved declares, "I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears... The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them... The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles... Many are the afflictions of the righteous; but the Lord delivereth him out of them all" Ps.34:4, 7, 17, 19.

4 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Amen! And I know you didn't plan it that way but look at the list of your previous posts....imagine runs down the page...very cool!

Brigitte said...

What a faithful God we have!!

Anonymous said...

I love David Wilkerson! His books, sermons and newsletters are incredible. What a passion for God!
I also love Keith Greens's music, his music parallels Wilkerson's stuff. In fact, DW wrote some articles for Keith's Newsletter.

I am a musician and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for downlad. Anyway, just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
________________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All music on my site is free for download."

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also say A-men. Times Square Church ministers to my family and I thank God for all He is doing in NYC and all around the world. Thank-you for spreading the word. God Bless!