Wednesday, August 24, 2016

WEDNESDAYS ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND

Is it mid-week? Why seven days with a middle day? I don't know, but I like it. 

I like the sense of a middle day. It marks a half-way point of a week. You notice that there isn't a half-way day in the months that only have 30 days. Either you're in the first half or the second half. That makes me feel out of sorts.

In my job, I'm always working in the week after the week I'm in. That can be confusing when people are asking me about this week and I'm thinking 'that was last week' mode. They think I'm either eccentric or just don't know what day it is.

Then they came out with the 'hump day' label due to a commercial with camels in the starring role. 'Mike, Mike, Mike' was the key word until everyone was so sick of the label that they moaned just hearing those words.  Hump Day was worse that just calling the day Wednesday or mid-week.

To me, it defines my deadlines. Mid-week, only a few more days to accomplish all that I need to do. When it's Tuesday, I feel like I have lots of time but Wednesday is another story, and yet, it's only 12 hours later.  

Hmmm. I guess I needed to get that understood in my own mind.

Thanks for reading. Please comment kindly!

No comments: