Monday, May 14, 2007

UPDATE

Hello All!

Sorry that I've been lax on posting.

Update on my husband: 1. It's hard turning your mind around and realizing that you can share God things with him. 2. It's hard to change into an obedient wife. I thought I was unless it had to do with spiritual things, like doing what I wanted when it came time for church. Now, I have to consider his wishes more than my flesh wants to. 3. It's wonderful sitting in church with him when he can get there. 4. Yesterday he was accepted into the church membership. Hallelujah!
5. Usually when I want to stay, he wants to leave. 6. Maybe that's a good thing, so that I don't get burned out overworking. 7. How can you overwork for the Lord? 8. Tonight's our last night of the Christian Life and Witness Course that we're attending together. 9. I'm going to get him his own Bible today. 10. I'm painting at the new building today, since it's my day off. 11. We're starting a Branch of our church once a month at our home. Kind of like a 'home cell' group but not with the wrong connotations. It will be fellowship time and prayer. We're going to incorporate music because we have the studio. Once we get it going, I think it'll be fun. After all, what's the sense in having what the Lord gives you if you don't share it with others?

That's it for now. Got to get to work.

God bless all of you and I hope the Lord grants every good and perfect gift to all.

3 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Thanks for the update.
It is hard sometimes to submit in a humble way to the authority position of your husband when for so long you have been the spiritual leader of the family. God has some good lessons in store for you.They will stretch you and give you a greater picture of what being one means.
Hold on---the glory on the other side is great!

Masked Rabbit said...

Great to hear the update, Debra. Been wondering how things were going.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I'll have to take some pictures of you working for you to post *snort*