Friday, September 09, 2011

Thankful Thursday



I woke up today with hope on my mind.

Hope that what I feared could happen, would happen.

You see, we live in Kirkwood, NY. Our church is in Binghamton, NY.

Our area has been devastated by rains and now the remnants of a hurricane did the final number.

Hope against hope, we prayed that our church would not flood. There is still a God possibility that the damage inside is little, but pictures tell a thousand words.

I responded with sadness for the losses of the community and also for the personal losses within our church building. Losses that are still mysterious but unaccounted for.

I have a little beta fish that is somewhere on my desk, or may be released into the wild waters. My favorite Bible is in my office where I left it, ready to prepare for a Sunday school lesson.

I am thankful that five years ago, I was trained through the flood of 2006 to retrieve data files and restore paperwork.

I am thankful that when we renovated this building to establish a church in this neighborhood that our congregation worked together and became unified with a single purpose.

I am thankful that there was no loss of life.

I am thankful for the new opportunity to shine another example of the light of Jesus to those we worship with and those we minister to.

I am thankful that God has a purpose in this storm.

I am thankful that He leads into His paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

Thank you God.



Our building is the black roof in the center and our bus sits next to the building.

We will praise Him in this storm!!!!

No comments: