Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Humble Pie


I love pie but I'm not able to chew this very well.

You see, I use my teeth for other purposes. Usually it's to eat but they are also used to form words that I regret later.

I am very organized and when I have an event to organized I forget that there is a team availablt to help me. You can see me charging around making sure this or that isn't out of place. I guess I always think that I need to do it to get it done!

Well, my husband (new Christian) caught me.

As soon as I saw the look on his face, I knew that I'd been performing without care of other's desires to help.

I tried to avert my eyes and detour around him but it didn't work. God was speaking to my heart and I had to admit that I need to change.

So when presented with opportunities to let others serve, I have to step back and let them. God seems to bring those moments more often.

It is hard to admit, sometimes, that I have character traits that need to be changed and rearranged. When I submit, I find that I have a load lifted from my shoulders.

We aren't suppose to carry burdents, we are to leave them at the feet of Jesus.

So Lord, take me and mold me, change me into who you want me to be. I give you that authority and right.

I'd rather eat banana creme than humble pie but maybe I'll enjoy the flavor when I see the results. Less calories, too! LOL!


No comments: