Saturday, December 08, 2007

A New Anointing


My pastor preached the other day on the anointing. He explained that it wasn't a feeling that comes over you as in a sudden chill. It's not a tangible thing.

God anoints people by using the skills and talents a person already has and makes use of them for His Kingdom purposes.

So whoever and whatever you are, is to be used for Him. He will infuse you with His Word to perform the actions necessary to help others escape from whatever has them in bondage.

He will refine you into a likeness of Jesus.

We are to take others to Jesus not to ourselves, for within our selves is nothing good. But Jesus is good.

Don't use the excuse that 'God made me this way'. That is truth but He loves you too much to leave you this way. Everyone needs to be changed into the likeness of Christ.

All of the trials, victories and waiting are a testimony to others. They are watching and waiting to see how you will handle situations. They will use your response to justify their own.


Rom 5:3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance;
Rom 5:4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope;
Rom 5:5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

5 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Sounded like a good sermon.I read a book a few weeks ago that talk about the thrills and chills that so many people seek. And sad, but some do think unless they feel something they have not had an encounter with God.
I guess that could be labeled walking by sight and not by faith.
In the past I have made that mistake myself.
You show up at church and you don't feel anything during worship and service and you assume something was off that day. You might even leave church a little down.
The last verse you listed would be good to remember. We got into a discussion about all of this at church on Wednesday night since we are studying through the book of Acts.
Good truth.

Anonymous said...

Very true! We all are a work in progress:)

Masked Rabbit said...

Oh this is ringing bells all over the place for me, Debra.

If it's not that I don't feel like I have anything to offer, then it's the thing of "I keep tripping up so how can I have anyone look at me as an example of Christ?".

But even tripping up then going to the Father can be something that speaks to others.

I hope that my hubby will wonder what is so great about God that, every time I lose my way, I keep running back to Him.

As for the taking others to Jesus, that's a big challenge for me. I so lack in confidence in that area but God loves me too much to let it stay that way.

Amen

Soul Reflections said...

There's certainly hope for your husband. Look at mine. Just keep 1 Peter 3 in mind and God will do His work in him. IT's when I let go and let God, is when things happen. The magnificence of God is hard to comprehend.

A Captured Reflection said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! You know since you mentioned tabernacle, I am reminded of my friend Pam (http://mizpam.blogspot.com) who is called to work with Houses of Prayer - to see the tabernacle of David restored.
I thought incidentally this following link may interest you as well:
http://www.watchmanministries.org/tabernacle_of_david.htm