Monday, October 01, 2007

I owe my fellow Bloggers...


Sorry for the delays in postings. The time just seems to fly by these days.


Updates:

1. Our band trio 'The Cellar Yellers' have been performing at several places. We've played at a club, a Christian coffee house called "City Lights Cafe", a picnic and a private lobster bash. Such fun and we're introducing more gospel all the time, i.e. Paul Overstreet.


2. My husband is growing leaps and bounds. If you've heard of Andrew Eastmond (New Zealander), you'll know how inspirational he is. His music is annointed AND he preaches the Word, AND gives a prophetic word that is truly right on. His words from God over my husband encouraged and overwhelmed him greatly.


3. I need to get back on the treadmill. The weight is creeping on since we've finished with most of the renovations at church. Time to get serious.


4. I've been doing some scrapping. I made October calendars for my Pastor and wife with little tidbits and gifts. Hopefully they'll go over good. I like to create something different than the same old card. I'll take pictures and share.


5. God has been dealing with some gossip within me and a prideful spirit. These are truly hard to give up but I'm working on it. I read in an article "If you aren't part of the problem or aren't part of the solution, don't get involved." It works most of the time, except when it's a discussionary concern in general. Such a fine line this is!


6. Had a tussle with my dog and she hit my chin, causing a crown to break. $1,100 later it looks perfect. How can something so small cost so much? Amazing where we put our money.


Hope you are all doing well. I will double my efforts to get to your blogs soon. God bless you mightily.


Love and hugs....

6 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good to hear some personal news. I am not much on book reviews--but I love the personal news. How cool about your husband.
I know what you mean about the gossip and pride. As God draws the "string" around our lives a little tighter--some things HAVE to go.
Someone once says that when we act and speak in ways that do not glorify God--we dilute His power in our lives. Not only do I suffer--but those I mentor suffer.
Good to see that God is at work.
I think we are all taking a look at our waists and hearts right now.

A Captured Reflection said...

You've been missed Debra! I am so thrilled that your husband is forging ahead. Yay. I've not heard of this New Zealander - and here I am in NZ! Wow. On the gossip thing, God did some big dealing in me last year on this; it was like the hand of judgement/mercy on my life at once and he had to show me what I was doing and it was very hurtful to me what happened, but it had to happen to break that stronghold from my life. I don't ever want to go through that again, but at the same time I can see that God had to let it happen. The stronghold has been broken, I say 'nada' now, preferring to be quiet and not needing to voice stuff, rather praying first. I understand what you are saying here :-)

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Yea, the crown soea look good, er, normal...LOL...$1100 and I didn't even notice it, but I guess that's the point. If I'd noticed it then it would have been a bad job :-)

Soul Reflections said...

Sharon - Yes, God is making my life much more interesting. I can only hope to hang on for the ride.

Karen - How easy is the chastising hand of God! I think that's what breaks me the most.

Calhoun - You would.

Ally said...

I agree with Sharon... I enjoy your personal posts alot more!!! I think it´s good your are doing the book reviews though...
thanks for your honesty and insights!

Soul Reflections said...

Ally, Thanks! I do love to write, it's just taking the time. I am working on do just that. God bless.