Saturday, September 09, 2006

Heart Attack!


Remember, not too long ago, I posted that I asked God to create in me a pure heart. To be a wife of Godly character has been my desire for sometime and I thought progress was being made.

When you confess a sin to God and He cleanses you, the burdens you've carried around for years are lifted. The big slivers are removed from your heart and you start the path of righteousness in the Light of His Love. The heart begins to look beautiful again.

Then, all of a sudden, the Holy Spirit reveals to you a shard of ice that has been left inside your heart. A great operation is needed to remove the remains so
that the heart is fully cleansed of all iniquity.

You think, but I repented and gave that fully to the Lord. Yes, you did and you're forgiven. God has no remembrance of your sin.

That's the sin that you confessed. The sin may have another aspect that you didn't realize was still within your heart.

Say, you'd like your spouse to be closer to the Lord. So, you plan and maneuver him into Christian situations and activities. What's so bad about that? It's very admirable but it's manipulating.

Manipulation of someone else is not a good idea in God's eyes. In 1 Peter 3, God says that His power will be shown through the silence of a wife. He means in actions and words.

When God shows you things like these, called 'besetting' sins, they're even more painful to have removed because it's a deep probing type of operation.

This is what it means to get close to the Lord. The closer you are, the more you are aware of your own unrighteousness. We have so far to go but He is able to bring us to completion and perfection.

These probings are in tender areas of the heart so it's wise to let the Holy Spirit have His way and be in still supplication and surrender. You'll end up being a changed person and reflect more of Jesus.

I know I'll never be the same.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Wow Debra, I was just talking about this kind of thing (My Hubby) with my pastor yesterday at church. God is trying to tell me something - but I'm just not getting it...
I think I need to go and really find His presence today...

Soul Reflections said...

Yes, Spookie. This is where a lot of people turn from God because these 'operations' are more painful. These sins seem much larger than the initial one because we know how much sin hurts God. He'll let you know what He wants from you. He's very gentle when He 'probes' even though our pain is excruciating.