Tuesday, January 10, 2006

WOW!

I'm really losing it!

Time for me to get back into the swing of things. There's a writers' conference in 6 months and my writing has been nil!

Let's see.

What's been happening?

Oh, yeah. I closed my bridal shop at the end of October. Halloween, whatever. Not really devastating it was nonetheless emotional. Boo Hoo. Tears for fears and all that.

I LOVE BEING HOME. My husband and I built a new home 5 years ago and this is the first that I've been able to enjoy it during the daylight hours. Very cool.

Of course, I'm not idle at home. I still have tons of bridal stuff. Ebay loves me. They even send me a message at the end of every month: PAY UP SUCKER! Not really.

Anyone need any wedding gowns? My husband NOW wants to turn the basement into a music studio. Why didn't he wait till I had sold everything? No, he's using it as an incentive to sell, sell, SELL!

Maybe I could 'paper' the walls and ceilings in white and ivory satin. I wonder how acoustic that would be?

My Herschel manuscript didn't get picked up by the publisher. Boo Hooooo. Another time, another publisher. I'm not giving up. Maybe the home schooler publishers would be a better option. May - convention time!

My mom's struggling with dementia. It put a damper on the holidays but as long as she's healthy and happy, I'm happy. I get her to church every Sunday and I'm confident that the Holy Spirit is speaking volumes to her. For He did not give her 'a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a SOUND MIND' (emphasis mine).

My sister says she sleepwalks. I had a doctor say that there's no such thing. Hey, when you see it with your own eyes, doc, I guess you'll believe.

That's what I tell people when I talk to them about Jesus Christ. When you see Him with your own eyes you'll believe. How do you see Him? Well it's like this. He's the only God who answers you. All the other gods are dead, dead wood. You just ask Him anything, He'll show you.

Oh, and don't believe it when they say there are many paths to the One, True God. NADA! Only one - Jesus. He's the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Even when I do something wrong and I know that God does not approve, He's still the only answer. There's no where else to go! How could I? Once I (or you) have tasted the sweet wine of Him, nothing else will satisfy.

Nothing else does anyway.

Am I rambling? It's fun!

1 comment:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Are you rambling??? It sounds like your on coffee!!!LOL