Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tales of a Groupie


My husband had his first gig!

He has been so faithful to learn to play guitar. Every day he practices and practices and practices. Each night he plays for about two hours, strumming chords and pickin' tunes.

Each of my children now have a guitar in their homes, just in case he visits. Then, he strums and picks for them.

My daughter is now a kindergarten teacher. Her class is studying the letter 'g' so she invited my husband to play his guitar for them. I tagged along on Monday to see his first concert. Of course, I sat in the mosh pit and took pictures.

The children are so bright and honest. They asked him if he plays on stage, or does he have a band? One sweet brilliant child said 'I think you play very nice.'



They sang along with his pickin' 'Twinkle, twinkle little star', totally drowning out the instrument. Then, my daughter (the teacher) got out little instruments for them to play the rhythm. She didn't have enough to go around so the rest had to use their hands to clap. Amazingly, that was ok with them.

What a joy to listen to the sounds of kids.

2 comments:

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

That is such a cute picture! You should frame it for Mike so that he has the "first Gig" memory!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I bet your hubby enjoyed that just as much as the kids seemed to have! Such a great memory :o)