Tuesday, October 29, 2019

IT'S HAPPENING!

Today I took the plunge, signed the contract and my manuscript is on its way!

 I can't believe it's taken me so long to get this ready. I started writing in 2004 and let everything simmer for the past fifteen years.

It wasn't until I began painting again that the thought crossed my mind about illustrating my animal stories myself.

Could I really do it? What skill do I have that could even compare with E.B.White or the other infamous storybooks that I've read over the decades.

Fear welled up in my soul and caught me by the neck. You can't! You don't know how! You are not properly trained! What would be the use! You'd be a laughingstock in the art business! Oh, how immature your drawings are!

All of these exclamations threaten to derail my joy in writing and illustrating. Then, I decided that they were MY stories. These are MY animals. I KNOW how I want them to act! I KNOW!

So here I am. I've finished it all and just waiting on the ISBN number, the copyright, the everything else.

Not sure how long it will take but maybe after the first of the new year, I will start to market my book.

It's exciting and overwhelming. It's right and it's scary.

No matter what, if you are an artist, creative, or writer, just do it. You'll never be this age again so why not accomplish what is in your heart now rather than have regrets in a few years of the time you have lost!


No comments: