Thursday, August 23, 2007

Super Sunday!


This is a picture of my husband and his water baptism testimony to the Lord.

What an awesome day!

To start it out, my husband's brother Tom, came to Sunday service and walked the walk up the aisle with my husband to receive the Lord's Salvation! There were tears all around and I'm sure that I heard the angels in heaven singing and rejoicing.

When we got to the lake for the baptism, my pastor talked how the day had started with Mike's brother's salvation. As he said that, my husband broke down and gave a little testimony about how Christ has affected him. Pastor and I started crying and soon everyone had tears. It's a joyful memory with tears of love.

My husband's walk is gaining momentum. Soon he'll be running right past me.

That's ok.

We're jointly teaching the college age students. I'm sure they'll have a lot to teach me.

We sang a song in the service "The Potter's Hand"
My eyes were drawn to the hands that were shaping, molding, making a new vessel out of a pliable substance. He added water to smooth and nourish the clay. All of the unwanted clay came off on his hands. As he continued to work, his arms and body became contaminated by shavings and clumps of excess clay. The work in his hands became smoother, while his hands got dirtier.

How much does our Savior clean us up to make us useful? He took on our infirmities and sins to cleanse us and make us new.

How wonderful is our God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

First--good to hear from you. When I run down my list I check to see if you have posted.
How awesome the picture of your husband is. What a sweet treasured memory that will be.
I am so happy for the growth of your husband. May God continue to bless ya'll as you work together for the Lord. How awesome is that? Working together.

A Captured Reflection said...

Wow Debra, that is fabulous. The look of joy on your husband's face as he is baptised and the news of his brother. What joy! And I loved what you shared about the potter making a new vessel. I am so excited!!!

Ally said...

Man alive are things happening around yer parts!!!!! Hallelujah... God is still at work on earth and I am glad that your husband and brother in law have been able to accept Jesus... what a testimony, what a church service and what a baptism.... amen!

It´s great to see you back here... have missed you...

Soul Reflections said...

Sharon - thanks. I'm still blown away by all that HE has done in my husband's life and mine. When you pray every day for someone close to you to receive Christ, it almost seems unreal when it happens. But God just directs us to another to pray for.

Karen - thanks for your excitement. Can you imagine what happened in heaven? Unbelieveable belief!

Ally - it sure is exciting.

To all: Thanks for still thinking about me. I'm sorry I've been neglecting my posting and I'll try to get back, now that most of our church work is done.

I'm keeping some more exciting news to myself until I can obtain some pictures. Hate to keep you hanging but.....

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Hey...Heyyyyyyyyyyy...I didn't even get the credit for capturing the moment on film *sniff* LOL

Masked Rabbit said...

Debra,everytime I sign into your blog and hear about how your husband's new walk is getting on, I feel such joy for you and for him. That is a fabulous picture of your husband. What a day! And fantastic news about your hubby's brother getting saved on that day too. Wow, fantastic. God be praised. Your heart must be so full.
I am trully thrilled for you both.

Ally said...

I have just tagged you... check out my blog.

Soul Reflections said...

Bonnie - YOU DID THE PICTURES! Sorry for not giving you the credits.

Bunny Girl - Thanks for checking in on me. Life is good!

Ally - I'll be there.

A Captured Reflection said...

Hey there, I see that Ally tagged you and you were wondering what the guidelines were for this MeMe.

I have put up my post for you to see the guidelines - hope you don't mind Ally, I figured you'd be tucked up in bed by now, so helping out :-) (in case Ally pops by)

http://prayingkaren.blogspot.com/2007/08/tag-time.html

Cjdusse said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am very new to the world of blogging. I am touched by your husband's joy at his baptism. Beautiful photo of such a special moment.